Kelp Taste of the nature, heavenly freshness
Healthy vegetable of fresh sea harvested from clean sea of Wando, kelp of Wando is extraordinarily fresh as it was grown in clean and clear sea of Wando. Wando kelp, full of good nutritions our body needs, including minerals, dietary fiber and calcium which are in higher contents than beef or milk, is extremely beneficial to the health of people living in modern times.
Healthy Table of Kelp
Kelp is harvested in April-July when kelp is the most tasty to produce dried or processed food.
Classifications and Types of Kelp
- Kelp is seaweed under Phaephyceae - Laminariales.
- Types: Cham Kelp, Aegi Kelp (2 types)
- Appearance: Wide belt shape, thick and slippery surface with wavy corners
Environmental Conditions and Farming Status in Wando
- Water Temperature: Seedling collection (15-16℃), nurturing (Under 17-18℃), Harvesting (Under 25℃)
- Farming Status: Seedling collection (September) → Cultivation (October) → Temporary transplantation (October-November) → Nurturing (November-May) → Harvesting (May-July)
- Water Level Adjustment: November-January (1-2m) → January-May (1.5-3m) → May-June (2.5-4m) → July-August (3-5m)
Substances and Effects of Kelp
- Alginate, laminine and potassium lower cholesterol level and blood pressure
- Alginate discharges carcinogenic materials in intestines to prevent colorectal cancer
- Rich iodine in kelp prevents thyroid diseases
- Contains proteins, vitamins, iodine, iron and calcium to prevent hair falling
According to Donguibogam, it was recorded that kelp reduces labor pains, boils and humps to soften what was hard.