Natural nutrition food recognized in Japan for the taste and nutrition. Fusiformes of Wando, the dietary seafood rich in minerals without calories: Japan consumes over 50% of global fusiformes production which is an alkaline natural food ingredient. Fusiformes of Wando famous as natural food has rich content of iron, sodium, potassium and zinc and is good for health. Fusiformes of Wando enhances taste and nutrition when added to mushroom or meat dishes.
Health Dish made from Fusiformes
Fusiformes grows on a rock with gentle slope with gentle wave or in a region lightly covered with mud. It is harvested in February-July. It is collected during the best season to be dried or processed.
Classifications and Types of Fusiformes
- Fusiformes is seaweed under Phaeophyceae - Sargassum.
- Appearance: It has fibrous roots and conic stems.
Environmental Conditions of Fusiformes and Farming Status in Wando
- Water Temperature: Seedling collection (17℃), nurturing (17-20℃), harvesting (under 25℃)
- Seedling facility (November) → Nurturing (December-April) → Harvesting (May-July) → Summering management (July-October)
- Seed Securing: Dependent upon natural fusiformes, seeds are partially reused under summering management
- Seedling Facility: Seeds (5-10cm) are inserted into seedling strings in 5-10 cm intervals and then engaged to mother string.
Substances and Effects of Fusiformes
- Fusiformes contains alginate and fucosterol with anti-cancer effect.
- Rich in calcium and hence effective for growth of teeth and bones of children
- Rich in proteins, dietary fiber and vitamines, hence effective in preventing hair fall and constipaton
- Fusiformes prevents building up of cholesterol in blood vessels and discharges heavy metals.