Right from the rreshness of clean sea.
Sea mustard produced from clean and wide sea of Wando is hygienic and increases synthesis of good HDLs. It contains many of essential nutritions for our body. In Wando, sea mustard products include Wando specialty cut-off sea mustard that increases by 10 times when soaked in water, cheap and hygienic stone sea mustard that has been naturally dried, and silky sea mustard.
Types of Sea Mustard
Dried Sea Mustard
Only the good sea mustard grown in sea of Wando is selected, hygienically dried to give the rich flavor of the nature.
Stone Sea Mustard
This sea mustard was collected from the best region of clean sea of Wando at the best season for the superior taste and nutrition.
Cut-Off Sea Mustard
Fresh sea mustard of Wando was cut off into serving sizes after drying in the nature for convenience.
Classifications and Types of Sea Mustard
- Seaweed under Heterokonta - Laminariales - Alariaceae.
- Types of Sea Mustard: Northen type: Long in length and long stem on sporophyll (undaria pinnatifida sporophyll)
- Southern type: Short in length and short stem on sporophyll
Environmental Conditions of Sea Mustard and Fish Farming Status in Wando
- Water Temperature: Seedling collection (17℃), Germination (17-20℃), Harvest (Under 15℃), End of season (17-18℃)
- Water Depth: Over 10 m
Fish Farming Status
- Fish Farming Status: Seedling collection (May) → Cultivation (Late September) → Temporary transplantation (October) → Nurturing (November-December) → Harvesting (January-April)
Substances and Effects of Sea Mustard
- Rich in potassium, calcium and iodine that effectively increase metabolism
- Effective in postnatal care, preventing constipation and obesity, and supplementing iron and calcium
- Contains amino acid called laminine that lowers blood pressure, hence reduces the amount of cholesterol
- Alginate in sea mustard is used to made industrial glue, ice cream, noodles, snacks and jam.